Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Venture Bros.

The Venture Bros. is a show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. It mixes action and comedy together as it chronicles the adventures of two teenage boys named Hank and Dean Venture. They also have an emotionally insecure, ethically challenged super-scientist father named Dr. Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture. There is also the family's bodyguard, named Brock Samson and a former supervillain named Sergeant Hatred. The show is said to have the primary theme of "beautiful, sublime failure" and be about the failure that happens to all of us. The show is also largely based off of an older show called Jonny Quest, which is a really old show that aired back in the 1960s.

From what I have heard, this show is extremely funny, but I have also heard it is extremely stupid. Of course, stupid isn't always bad. I love Robot Chicken and that is probably one of the most stupid things on television. I hope that I can see this show one day and decide for myself whether it is stupid funny or just plain stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment