Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blood+

I have heard some good things about Blood+, but I have also heard that it is overrated. It was inspired by the film made in 2000 called Blood: The Last Vampire although there are few allusions to that film.

The story starts with Saya Otonashi, which is an anemic and amnesiac schoolgirl whose happy life crumbles when she attacked by a chiropteran (a bat) and finds out that she's the only one that can defeat them. When she finds this out, she arms herself with her katana and takes her family and friends to rid the world of chiropteran and rediscover her identity. During her journey, the background of the chiropteran's is revealed and Saya learns she has a very deep past that extends to the mid-19th century. Throughout the series, she goes around the world fighting chiropterans and trying to discover her past.

I am a bit iffy on this show. It doesn't make all that much sense to me in text. She gets attacked by a bat that only she can kill? I am going to assume that the bat is a vampire, and Saya is some form of immortal (or something similar) since her past goes so far back. I think I would have to watch the show to be sure of any of this, but I am also afraid that this show might have been overhyped for me by twilight fangirls that just love vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment