Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Puzzle Quest

While browsing through puzzle games, I came across another interesting looking game. This one is called Puzzle Quest. What made me interested in this one is that I saw it combined puzzle gameplay with RPG gameplay. Wondering how it managed that, I decided to learn more.

After reading a few descriptions, I found out that this game looks pretty intricate in its RPG half. The puzzle half is essentially bejeweled style in the way that you match up three of the same color tile in a row and they disappear. However, you also get things like mana, money, experience, and damage to your opponents health when you match up three or more in a row. Once you get enough mana, you can use some of your equipped skills with it. You get more skills by leveling up with experience. You can also buy things that will help you out in matches (like a sword that gives you extra damage) and tame some monsters to learn there skills and ride them as mounts. Your tamed creatures go to your citadel, which you can upgrade to make more items and spells with strategic mini games.

This looks like a fantastic mix between a puzzle and RPG, which I didn't even really know was possible. It is extremely more intricate than I thought it would be at first glance with its RPG elements, and got good ratings from many sites and magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment