Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

Another game I found while buying Puzzle Quest was the second one, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix. I wanted to see if this one was just the same game with a different theme or better so I decided to look up info on it.

This game has a space theme instead of a medieval theme, which I find odd since each of those themes are kind of complete opposites. But in this game there are more differences than I thought there would be. For starters it has a hexagonal shape instead of the standard square. It also brings gravity into play, so when you make a move and there's gravity, the new gems fall straight down into play, but if there isn't gravity, then they fall from the way you made your last move. The RPG elements don't necessarily seem better, but they are just as good. You still have the skill system, but now you also get to mine for materials in which you can use to craft things like ships. Along with this there's also many different races you can interact with.

For some reason there's not as much information on this game, but it seems the game sites are having trouble rating it. One gave it a 5 out of 5, while another gave it a 6.5 out of 10. The one that rated it poorly said that you have to "rely on luck as much as skill and the controls are a bit iffy". I don't really know how the controls to a puzzle game can be very "iffy", but that doesn't seem likely. Although I can understand how you would need to rely on luck. Sometimes you just can't get the right gems. Even though the ratings are split, I'm confident in saying I think that this will be a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment