Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Meteos

I was browsing puzzle games for the DS and Meteos caught my eye. I don't know why my eye was attracted to the little blue outline people and blocks rocketing off into space, but it was. Anyway I decided to see what the game was all about because I saw some comments saying it was the best puzzle game ever.

What I found actually interested me. From the pictures I saw it looked just like a standard match the same color puzzle game, but when I saw videos of it, it was actually much different. You have to make rows of three of the same shape and color of objects called meteos to make them turn into rockets which then boost other shapes out of play. It seems the point is to just not let those shapes go to high off the screen.

I also found out that this game has a story, which really is surprising for a puzzle game. It turns out there's this evil planet that is trying to destroy other planets by sending these meteos to the planets it's trying to destroy. These objects put so much weight on the planet that it collapses. However, some people of the worlds find out that if you line three of the meteos up, they ignite and send the blocks back into space.

This game looks much more interesting than your standard puzzle game, and I hope one day I get to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment