Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Code Geass

Code Geass is yet another anime put on me from my guild leader in Guild Wars to watch (she really likes anime). Although this one was also watched by a few other people in the guild, and they all said it was good so I have more than just her opinion to go off of.

Code Geass is set after Japan's conquest by the Holy Britannian Empire with their powerful new robot weapons, the Knightmare Frames. After taking over, the Britannian Empire stripped all rights and freedoms from the people and renamed the country Area 11. Lelouch is a Britannian prince that is the main character and was disowned by his father after his mother was murdered. Since his father disowned him, Lelouch has vowed to destroy him, the Emperor, and Britiannia. Lelouch gains an ability through a mysterious thing called the Geass. With this power, he became the leader of the resistance movement so he could fulfill his two wishes: get revenge for his mother and construct a world where his sister Nunnally can live happily.

This anime seems like it would be nice after I got into it. At first, it seems like I might be to confused with all the different names and terms, but after watching it a bit more I think I could get it all down and start to really enjoy it. Although it is a mech anime, and for some reason I am not a huge fan of mechs. Not to say I can't enjoy an anime with mechs, but I would find it easier to enjoy one without them and with something else cool involved such as a medieval setting or steampunk setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment