Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Invader Zim

I have heard many people talk about Invader Zim, but I have never actually seen anything for it. Since it has such a large fan base, I think it would be something worth looking into.

Invader Zim was produced by and aired by Nickelodeon. The main character is an alien invader named Zim from the planet Irk that is trying to conquer or destroy Earth. His plans usually end up failing due to his mistakes, his robot named GIR, or by his arch-nemesis Dib. Zim was exiled when he accidentally destroyed his own planet, and was banished forever to "Foodcourtia", the food court planet. After so long, he was sent on a "secret mission" to Earth to get rid of him for good. He takes his mission seriously, however, and is determined to vanquish Earth to reclaim his honor.

I also read that this show has heavy use of black comedy, which makes me wonder why it is on Nickelodeon. They were pitching to eleven to fifteen year old kids, but a lot of parents might still say eleven is to young for things like Zim eating organs stolen from school children (an example that was given). I don't have a problem with it personally, but that seems like it could be a risky choice on Nickelodeon's half. Of course, I have not seen it, so I don't know how serious it really is. It could just be a few serious black comedy bits and the rest not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment