Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rogue Warrior

For this journal I'm going to do a game I've heard only bad things about. The game is called Rogue Warrior and what brought it to my attention was that I noticed it got a 2 rating out of 10 on gamespot.com. I have never seen such a low rated game, and I was even more confused by the fact that it was published by Bethesda, who also published The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3, which were great games. I wanted to find out why this game had gotten such a bad rating when it had such a great publisher.

Right when I started looking around I found out that the developer of the game was Zombie Studios, which after I looked at the games they had developed I realized why the game might be bad. All the games on their list of what they have developed were games that I hadn't even heard of and if I haven't even heard of a game the chances are it's not that good or else it has a very small fan base.

After looking further, I found out that the game Zombie Studios was making actually got scrapped because Bethesda didn't like what they saw and brought in Rebellion Development to develop it. I looked at a list of games that they developed and saw a few that I recognized but mostly never played. A lot of them were games for the PSP and PS2, and I haven't played many of them. Although the games that I did see and recognize I had never heard anything great about.

What I believe made this game get such horrible ratings is the fact that the developer made mediocre games for PSP and PS2, then jumped to the 360 and failed. One thing this research has taught me is to look into the games developers before buying. It will most likely save me many bad purchases I would otherwise make.

No comments:

Post a Comment