Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ghost in the Shell


Ghost in the Shell is an anime I have been curious about for a long time now because I saw the video game of it and was curious as to where the game came from. After a long time I realized it was an anime, and many people have mentioned it to me, but I still have seen even a part of any episodes. There are actually two different Ghost in the Shell seasons, the first one being named Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and the second one being Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG. There were also three films about the manga which were Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, and Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society.
The story is about a fictional counter terrorist group in Japan called Public Security Section 9 in a cyberpunk setting. The main character is a cyborg named Motoko Kusanagi, who is a member of covert operations in the Public Security Section 9. Even though all members of the squad are equal to each other, Motoko has the leadership role in the group. Other members call her "the Major" because that was her past rank in the Japanese Self-defense Forces. She is biologically enhanced for her job, the only thing not mechanized being her brain and a part of her spinal cord.
I have not watched many futuristic anime, so I do not quite know whether I would like this or not. I suppose I don't have any reason to worry because most of the futuristic shows I watch have a great story behind them. Hopefully, this one will be added to that list of great futuristic shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment