Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Magic: The Gathering

Magic: The Gathering is a card game that I have actually wanted to learn about for an extremely long time now (my friend said he would teach me if I ever had the time, so I can't wait until I get time). Although before I learn how to play, I thought I would take the chance to learn a bit about it first.

Each game represents a battle between powerful wizards that use magical spells, items, and creatures to fight each other. There are five different colors for spells, all of which represent something different. There is white which is the element of light and is good at healing, blue which is the element of water and good at countering, black which is the element of death and good at destroying creatures, red which is the element of fire and good at destroying non-creatures, and green which is the element of nature and good at creature summoning. All five of these types have their weaknesses and strengths, and combining some of them could probably make some powerful combos.

This game seems extremely intricate and looks like it would take a lot of practice and money to get cards and organize them into good strategies. I would start to explain what I have read about how to play the game, but then this blog would probably seem more like a book. There are many rules and many abilities which seem like they will be extremely confusing to learn, but also extremely fun when you finally do learn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment