Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Black Cat

Black Cat is another manga/anime my guild leader in Guild Wars wanted me to try and watch.

It is about an organization bent on world peace named Chronos, which rules one third of the world's economy. Since that makes them required to maintain balance in the world, they need protection. So they have thirteen special elite assassins called the Chrono Numbers, all of which wield unique Orichalcum forged weapons. The thirteenth Chrono Number is the main character, and he's named Train Heartnet but is also known as the infamous Black Cat. He meets a licensed bounty hunter (known as a Sweeper) named Saya Minatsuki and his morals and values are changed from that of Chrono's to his own. Instead of killing people like he is told, he just stops them. This leads to tension between him and the Chrono Elders, and culminates with Train leaving the organization. Another assassin named Creed Diskenth resents the way Saya changed Train, and murders her. After six months pass, Train is an easygoing Sweeper when Creed appears before him again.

This looks like a fantastic anime that I would love. I don't know why, but it just seems very interesting to me. The story is not extremely extensive or intricate, but it still has something that just makes me want to watch it. Although I probably did read to far because I am pretty sure knowing that Saya dies is a big spoiler, and I am a little disappointed in that. If all anime summaries made me want to watch them like this one does, I would probably be watching non-stop anime and have no life.

No comments:

Post a Comment