Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Trauma Center is a game that I have seen around, but have pretty much forgotten existed since I got a DS. It looked interesting when I first saw it and has an interesting concept of surgery as a game, although I've just never thought to buy it. I figured I could look into it now since I never actually learned about it before.

I started to read about the plot and realized it was much different than what I expected. I was just expecting a hospital setting with some doctors, but it's actually about a man who had trouble with a surgery. After a patient almost dies because of him, he has to operate on a car crash victim with bad heart injuries. During the operation, the main character unlocks a power within him. This power is the power of a healing touch, also known as Asclepius. This power also takes from his strength to the point of if he uses it to much he will black out. He then has to decide whether to use this power or not use it so he doesn't put a toll on his body. He eventually decides to use it to help out people with a new sickness known as GUILT.

I will say that is a more intricate story than I ever imagined for an operation game. The reception from game reviewers was overall good. I plan on learning more about the gameplay before buying this game, but so far the story looks really good compared to what I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment