Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rurouni Kenshin

Rurouni Kenshin is one of the anime my guild leader on Guild Wars always tells me to watch, yet I've never gotten around to it. It seems to be one of her favorite shows, so I'm guessing it's pretty good (at least to her).

The story is about a peaceful wanderer named Himura Kenshin who used to be an assassin known as Hitokiri Battosai. After fighting in a war, he offers aid to those who need it as a way to atone for the murders he committed as an assassin. When he's walking into Tokyo one day, he meets a woman named Kamiya Kaoru who was fighting with a man who claims he is Hitokiri Battosai. Kenshin helps her and defeats the fake Battosai, and she finds out that he is the real assassin. She realizes that he is a nice person, so she invites him to stay at her dojo. Kenshin lives there and starts to make new friends and enemies, and after several months of living there he finds out that his successor as an assassin of shadows plans to conquer Japan. To do this he plans on assassinating the government, one of which is one of Kenshin's new friends.

To save myself from reading spoilers, I'm going to stop there. So far this anime looks like it would be pretty good. Of course, sometimes all an anime needs for me is some flashy swords and I'll like it so this will most likely get watched by me sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment