Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Halo 3: ODST

Halo 3: ODST, as most people know, is the newest Halo game that has come out. I have been curious to see since the trilogy is over if they can continue to pump out good games with this same kind of story, or if Bungie will fail because it's just trying to milk all the money it can from the Halo fanboys.

What I found is that what this game is about is you're an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper that is about to assault a Covenant ship about the city of New Mombasa. When you start to attack, one of the new members on your team changes course to miss the ship and you crash land in the city. You wake up alone and the rest of the game you spend trying to get out of the city to safety. I'm guessing you are also trying to find the new member of your team that changed the path of your vehicle while you were dropping to find out why they did it as well.

The multiplayer was praised for this game because of the new concept it had. It's called firefight and it is you and three other people trying to survive as long as possible against a horde of covenant enemies. That somewhat reminds me of nazi zombies at the end of Call of Duty: World at War (same concept except you're a WWII soldier fighting zombies...that are nazis) which it is my guess that could be where they came up with the idea.

Overall the game got great ratings (just like every halo game). I am starting to wonder, however, if these ratings are because of the space marine story that is Halo, or because they are actually good games. I suppose I will find out when I finally get to play ODST to see if the ratings are based on the gameplay or the name they slapped on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment