Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is the newest addition to the Silent Hill series. From what I have heard of Silent Hill, it is supposed to be a pretty good survival horror series. What has brought this one to my attention more than the others, however, is a friend has told me he thinks it is one of the greatest stories in a video game ever. I found this hard to believe for a survival horror because usually the best stories go to the RPGs.

I found out that the story is the main character, Henry Mason, is searching for his daughter, Cheryl, in the town of Silent Hill when she disappears after a car accident that left him unconscious. Apparently the game starts in a therapist's office where Henry is talking about everything that has happened, so the therapy is after the actual game. While he's explaining what had happened during his search, you're playing through the explanation. Apparently he had amnesia and was left with few memories, and his reality keeps changing throughout the story. I tried to see what it was about without spoilers and found out that on his quest to find his daughter, Silent Hill freezes over before your eyes often and you have to go through nightmares in icy mazes.

From what I have seen the game has gotten an 8 or higher out of a scale of 10 for most game sites, all of which praised the story but did not like that it was to short. I'm guessing that since every explanation I've heard of it's pretty good, so I know that I want it. I'm sure it being the best story ever like my friend says will be debatable, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment