Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog is my all time favorite character in video games. This is mostly because the first game I ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Although I'm suprised at how little I actually knew about Sonic. Sonic was made to replace Sega's unofficial mascot at the time, which was Alex Kidd and combat Nintendo's mascot which was Mario. So in a way, if there was no Mario, then there would be no Sonic, which is his console rival. Also I found out that Sonic was created in 1991, which is the year I was born so that makes me like him even more since we were both born the same year. There were many designs submitted such as an armadillo, a dog, a Theodore Roosevelt lookalike in pajamas (which is actually what the villain, Dr. Robotnik, is based off of), and a rabbit. The only other thing I think I wouldn't have minded Sonic being is the armadillo. Any of the others seem like they would make him less of a good character to me. Of course if he was an armadillo, then he wouldn't have spikes on his back and that would make him look less threatening, so the hedgehog concept is definately the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment