Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Now this game I actually know pretty much nothing about. The only thing I've heard is that it's Sonic and it's an RPG. Which, to me, makes it look pretty good already. Not to mention it was made by Bioware who also made Mass Effect and the new Dragon Age: Origins game, so they know their way around an RPG. The story is split into two acts, that are divided further into chapters. The first act is Sonic and company keeping the Master Emerald from being taken, and the second act is them travelling to a new dimension called the Twilight Cage to stop a threat to their world. The game opens with details on Sonic defeating Dr. Robotnik by destroying the Egg Carrier. Robotnik is presumed dead, but anyone that has played more than one Sonic game knows that he isn't since he's usually the main bad guy in every game (or is behind the main bad guy). Although this looks like it may be different since Sonic has to go to a different dimension. I'm not sure if Robotnik could pull off threatening the world from another dimension. Not having Dr. Robotnik be the bad guy could be a good change of pace for Sonic since after seeing Robotnik's plans get foiled is only amusing for so long before you just want a break from the same villain.

The game got mixed reviews ranging from 6.5/10 to 93% and an A rating. I think that even though some reviews were in the 6.5-7 out of 10 range, I'd still feel safe picking this game up since I'm a major sonic fan and I'm extremely curious to see him in an RPG game.

No comments:

Post a Comment