Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Darksiders

This game caught my eye one day while I was browsing gamespot.com so I decided to look further into it just because the name "Darksiders" piqued my curiosity. It turns out the story is rather different than most. The Apocalypse has started prematurely so on of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, War (you), has been sent to Earth in response to the final battle between Hevaen and Hell. After Hell wins, War is accused of being the one that started Armageddon early and is stripped of his powers and is banished to the desolate Earth forever as punishment. War sees this banishment as an opportunity to clear his name and find the real culprit that preemptively started the Apocalypse.

I don't really believe in all the religious prophecies such as the Apocalypse and the four horsemen, but I do think that this is a great idea for a game. It is basically the plot of a person wrongly accused of a crime and they have to find the real criminal, but in this setting it seems more interesting. It is said to be an action adventure game with puzzles, and is compared to The Legend of Zelda games. If it's any way like The Legend of Zelda games, that makes it even better in my opinion. I'm hoping that when this game comes out on January 5, 2010, it lives up to my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment