Sunday, November 22, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Asylum was somewhat recently released and got great reviews from pretty much everyone. Personally, I like it because it seems darker than it should for Batman, but it still fits. It's also a great stealth game that requires strategy and also teaches a lot about the history of Batman and the asylum. I learned a lot about many Batman villains and even their history. This information is presented as files that are kept at the asylum since all the villains are kept there, which seems a great form to give the history as well as their habits in crime. Gamespot.com rank it high because of the amount of unlockable content, the fast-paced, easy to use combat system, and the great audio and visual presentation. They also mentioned how outstanding the story was. I thought that the story was good, but it was pretty much just standard "stop the bad guy" story. There were some twists, but not any that made my jaw drop and automatically know that the story was going to be great. I'm not saying the story was bad, but I don't think it was as great as Gamespot said it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment