Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Playstation Home

Playstation Home is something on the PS3 that looks pretty much like Second Life. It's kind of a social network for PS3 gamers. At first I didn't really like it because it just seemed like a way for people to waste their time asking for pictures of each other (at least that pretty much all I saw when I got on with my PS3). Although I looked into and when it's explained more as a gaming social network it sounds like a really good idea. You can meet new people to play games with if you don't have many friend's on your list. Sony can even profit for it by selling people stuff in the virtual world for actual money (I don't really know who would buy stuff for their in-game avatar, but apparently people do). There's also events with prize-giving events to entertainment events in the game world. Since it's free to join, it's at least worth a look for anyone with a PS3.

No comments:

Post a Comment