Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rogue Galaxy

Rogue Galaxy is a RPG that released in North America in 2007 for the PS2. I've heard nothing but good things about it (basically summed up as "that game is awesome!" but I've never had the money to buy it since all my funds are going into the new 360 and PS3 games (and Wii if you really want to include that in there). I found out it's basically about a guy named Jaster Rogue that dreams about becoming a space pirate then one day a beast appears and attacks his town. Jaster chases the beast and get's ambushed by smaller beasts, then gets saved by a man known as the Desert Claw. After that the Desert Claw gives Jaster his sword and some pirates mistake Jaster for the Desert Claw. Those pirates help Jaster defeat the beast and their captain asks Jaster to join their crew. That's all I read into the story because I didn't want to read any spoilers, but it sounds a bit like Disney's Treasure Planet to me.

The game was developed by Level-5, which are the creators of Dark Cloud 1 and 2 (which I loved) and it also uses the cel-shaded style graphics. The battle system works pretty much like Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII's did where enemies appear and there's no transition between exploring and battle. Game sites rated it in the 8-9 out of 10 range, so I'm guessing that since game sites and user reviews are both high, the chances of me liking this game are pretty good. I hope that soon I'll have the money and the time to get this game and explore space as Jaster Rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment