Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bayonetta

Bayonetta has been on the front page of gamespot.com pretty often for the past few weeks, so I finally decided to look into it. The game's release date is sometime in January 2010 and looks like it will be a hack and slash game. It is being made by the same person that made the Devil May Cry games, which are extremely popular. It takes place in a fictional city in Europe named Vigrid. The main character is a witch that who shapeshifts and uses various guns, as well as magic attacks she performs with her hair. She initially wields four handguns, two in her hands and two in the heels of her shoes, but can wield other weapons such as shotguns, rocket launchers, and two-handed katanas. The story is wakes up after a 500 year sleep and can't remember anything about who she is or where she's at. As the game goes on, she starts to remember what caused her predicament that she's in, which is not mentioned.

Gameplay video

After watching that video, I think that the story has more depth than I thought there would be, although the battle system looks pretty much like a carbon copy of Devil May Cry's battle system. If I hear it has a great story after it comes out, I'll consider buying it, but if the story is weak, I'd rather just try to finish the Devil May Cry series that I can never seem to get around to beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment