Sunday, November 22, 2009

Knuckles the Echidna


After posting about Sonic, I started thinking about his friend and rival, Knuckles. I also realized that knuckles was an echidna, and I had no idea what an echidna was. When I looked them up, I kind of thought they looked like a mixture of a hedgehog and an anteater. That makes a somewhat good choice for Sonic's rival since it's not just another hedgehog, but a different, similar looking species. They didn't really make the nose look like an anteater nose, but I can understand why. Having a rival with a long nose, but everything else similar to Sonic facing him would just look silly. They did a great job with the concept of Knuckles since Sonic focuses on speed and Knuckles on strength, Sonic is blue, Knuckles is red, and while Sonic can run so fast he runs up walls, Knuckles can use the spikes on his fists to climb walls. They are opposites in many ways which makes them great rivals, yet they're still friends. Normally I would think they shouldn't be friends, but since they were brought together by a common enemy (Dr. Robotnik), it makes sense to me that they become friend's after his defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment