Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The hidden blade



A lot of thought can go into a game's weapons, but when you make a weapon, it usually has a specific purpose. The hidden blade in Assassin's Creed is a fantastic weapon in the fact of it fits the game perfectly. It's hidden, small, and can kill quickly which are all qualities an assassin looks for. In any other game, this weapon would probably be laughed at because of a comparison to a sword or something bigger (except by me because I am a big fan of stealth). I believe that without this weapon, Assassin's Creed wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as it was. When I think about the fact that the game seems based around one major weapon, that could be a weakness since it's the only extremely cool thing, but I think people were to amused with secretly stabbing people to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment